Thursday, February 08, 2007

Conservative judgement

Time and again we hear that we need to give the White House 6 months or so to finish the job in Iraq. Or that we need to trust them on Social Security or Health Care.

Yet look at the results of Bush leadership and decision making. Look at his chosen mangers and what they wrought. Look at Cheney. Look at good old Rummy. Look at Rice and her success rate. Look at Frist making medical calls on the Senate floor. ANd on down the list.

And we need to rely on these people, why?

Here is another fun example, as reprted on on Daily Kos. It happens with Jonah Goldberg.
Anyway, I do think my judgment is superior to his when it comes to the big picture. So, I have an idea: Since he doesn't want to debate anything except his own brilliance, let's make a bet. I predict that Iraq won't have a civil war, that it will have a viable constitution, and that a majority of Iraqis and Americans will, in two years time, agree that the war was worth it. I'll bet $1,000 (which I can hardly spare right now).


As of today that bet has come due. Guess who didn't win it? Yeah, Jonah.

Guess who is refusing to pay up.

No comments: