Tuesday, December 18, 2007

On why Lieberman is backing McCain

ThinkProgress:

Today on MSNBC, Lieberman admitted that McCain was the only ‘08 presidential candidate who sought him out, telling MSNBC’s Monica Novotny that “not one of the Democrats asked for my support”:

...

LIEBERMAN: Well, I did. I mean, to have full disclosure, not one of the Democrats asked for my support, which may be a story in itself. John McCain and I are friends. He did ask for my support.

...

Yeah, Joseph? Take. A. Hint. No one really wants to be tied to you.


Later in the interview, Lieberman admitted he wouldn’t have supported a Democrat anyway. “I think it’s obviously because I have such a different view of foreign policy,” said Lieberman.

...

So, he was sad about not being asked...cause he didn't get the chance to reject them?

No comments: