Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Is it wrong to laugh?

I haven't felt like saying much about the video leaked out of Cruise's prose about the wonder of Scientology. Partly, it is too easy, also, Scientology is working hard to scourge all copies from the Net.

But some have asked, is it wrong to mock him? If he had gone off like this on being Christian, it wouldn't be funny or weird....Uh, yeah, it would. He is a weird little guy that is a fanatical.

The RCC, the Baptist Church, Judaism, or Islam (...or Hindi or Buddhism or Wicca...and so on)...when people go on like this, you get to chuckle, or fall on the floor laughing your ass off.

Tell me about crystal power, I laugh. Or your magic black meteor. Or your seemingly plagiarized stories. Or thetans. Religion is silly. When adults go on about fairies and dragons, go into magical thinking, it is funny.

A Chucklefest. And let us not pretend we all don't do laugh. I remember going through my religious confirmation. I was shown videos of how creepy Mormons are. I was also shown videos how psychics are fakers...thanks for that assist on my skeptic upbringing, church. Atheist just have an edge. They don't have one magic being (or group) that is off limit.


Back to Cruise.

In spite of the purge of the imagery, the Cruise mockery continues. The Gawker has a fun compilation, including these:


Eugene Mirman: Scientologist: "I'm tasting meatloaf. You know why? Because I want to."



Tom Cruise Scientology-Constipation Video: Cruise discusses how he stays regular.



Craig Ferguson on CBS's Late Late Show: A series of unfortunate laughs.



Stephen Colbert vs. Xenu vs. Cruise: "This guy was like...psheeew!"

1 comment:

said...

"...working hard to scourge all copies...," heck, that's nothing new - check moi's lill' YouTube film/research.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7iQRFP_e90

Stay on groovin' safari,
Tor