Tuesday, January 01, 2013

The relationship of America and the Modern Conservative Movement in Eight Images


How does the US/GOP relationship go?


They're constantly surprised that we (the country as a whole) don't see it coming.

So, they pick their target (reproductive rights, social security, tax cuts for billionaires, access to voting, etc.) 

And, they STRIKE

And they toss the country into turmoil.

They do a good job of hitting our infrastructure hard.


And we have to scramble in the wake of their lunacy. 





This is what Eric Cantor is striving to do tonight.




Bonus "fun":
Who said this of whom? Khan of Kirk? The GOP of Obama?

  • "He tasks me. He tasks me and I shall have him!"
  • "My number one priority is making sure [person]'s a one term [title]."
  • "There she is! There she is! Ah. Not so wounded as we were lead to believe. So much the better."
  • "I'll chase him round the moons of Nibia and round the Antares Maelstrom and round Perdition's flames before I give him up!"
  • "[Person]'s got a [policy program] logo that's right out of Adolf Hitler's playbook."
  • "You're still alive, old friend?" [After attempting murder.]
  • "To the last, I will grapple with thee. From Hell's heart I stab at thee! For hate's sake, I spit my last breathe at thee!"
  • "I've done far worse than kill you, [title]. I've hurt you. And I wish to go on hurting you."
  • Surely, I have made my meaning plain? I mean to avenge myself upon you, [title]. I deprive your [place of work] of power, and when I swing around, I mean to deprive you of life.



No comments: